“CLEARLY IN THE TOP 5 ACTIVITIES TO DO IN GASPÉSIE!”
Watch for Atlantic salmon on the Bonaventure River with some of the clearest water in the world. Are you looking for an outdoor activity during your vacation in Gaspésie? The Famous tour is your perfect river trip for active beginners: one full day on the beautiful Bonaventure River on a canoe, a single kayak, or a double kayak. With its R1 and R2 rapids, The Famous Tour has just enough action, and is everyone’s favorite.
Mini-raft and stand-up paddleboard (SUP): if the water level is above 25 m3/second, which does not happen a lot in July and August, The Famous Tour is also available in a mini-raft, or a stand-up paddleboard. Book other boats to ensure a spot, and contact us shortly before your activity to see if the mini-raft or the SUP are available.
Consult real time water level here: Bonaventure river water level.
There is a zero tolerance policy in place for alcohol and cannabis consumption during all activities.
Detailed program of The Famous Tour
Departure at 10:30 AM.
- Arrival at Cime Aventures 45 minutes before departure;
- Optional equipment rental (neoprene booties, neoprene suit, barrel)
- Viewing of the safety instructions video and signing of the forms
- Shuttle bus to the put in (45-minute ride), where you’ll start your river trip which will lead you back to Cime;
- Instructions from patrol will be announced regarding safety, environment, basic techniques, equipment, itinerary, etc.;
- River trip on a canoe, a kayak or a mini-raft of about 4.5 hours depending on your rhythm and breaks;
- You must be back at Cime at 5:30PM.
Here is the preparatory video for the activity:
Choice of craft
Below is the information necessary to choose the right craft for your activity on the Bonaventure River. Whether you are on a family trip or a romantic vacation in Gaspésie, there is the perfect craft for you.
Closed shoes are mandatory for this activity.
If you feel that this activity is to advance for you, we recommend The Family tour.
Guide to choosing your craft
Please note that to choose a single kayak, the abilities of children over 11 years old need to be evaluated. Cime Aventures do not advise a single kayak for children under 10 years old.
|Type||Capacity(passengers / weight)||Advantages||Disadvantages||Prerequisites|
2 pass. / 200 kg
|One experienced person in the back|
|Double kayak||2 pass. / 300 kg||Be at ease in water|
|Single kayak||1 pass. / 150 kg||Be at ease in water|
|Raft||4 to 6 pass. / 400 kg||None|
|Stand up paddle (SUP)||1 pass. / 95 kg|