Canoe/kayak-camping, Bonaventure river, Gaspe peninsula
You are looking for THE must do activity in Gaspesie? Paddling the Bonaventure river and its class 1 and 2 rapids for a 2 days / 1 night canoe or kayak camping trip is your go to! Come discover a cristal clear river during a trip where you will enjoy luggage transportation and patrol service, making your flowt accessible and safe. You can pick the craft of your preferrence : canoe, single or double kayak.
This trip is for you if :
- You are keen to apply the 7 Leave No Trace principles during your stay on the Bonaventure;
- You are 6 years and older, you are not scared of water and you swam in a river before;
- You are an intermediate river paddler or beginner but physically very active;
- You are fully geared up and skilled for autonomous wilderness camping.
Book your trip ahead of time as spaces are limited!
Departures in 2023:
Tuesdays and Saturdays from june 10th to 20th. Everyday from June 22nd to September 3rd.
Schedule and important times:
- 7:45 AM : Deadline to arrive at Cime Aventures with your gear ready to go (we recommend that you arrive the day prior and spend the night here, your are on a holiday after all);
- 8:15 AM : Attendance and preparation video presentation
- 8:30 AM: Bus departure
- 4:00 PM at the latest, you will arrive at the campsite
- 10:45 AM: First authorized departure on water according to the cohabitation agreement with fishermen allowing them to have some tranquility in the morning
- 5:00 PM at the latest, you will arrive at Cime Aventures