“Reconnect with nature”
During your holiday in Gaspésie, there are essentials, and the Bonaventure River is one of them. Discover the limpid and pure Bonaventure during a full day. You will travel through an isolated and wild sector upstream of the river. Class 1 and 2 rapids.
Come observe the Atlantic salmon, a pleasure for the eyes.
To visit this area, two shuttles are required: one for the outward journey and one for the return. Arrive at Cime Aventures no later than 7:30 a.m. You will be back in your vehicle around 4:00 p.m.
Book at least a month in advance, availability is limited!
Detailed program of The Early bird
From July 9th to August 13st and August 16th and 17th at 8:00 a.m.
- Be at the reception at 7:30 a.m. No latecomers will be accepted.
- The shuttle departure will be at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
- Optional equipment rental (neoprene booties, neoprene suit, barrel)
- Viewing of the safety instructions video and signing of the forms
- Bus ride (approximately 45 minutes) to the launching point at km 45;
- Training before departure by a patroller who will be following the group;
- Descent of approximately 4.5 hours in a canoe, double kayak or single kayak;
- Take breaks so you don’t get too far ahead of the patroller, as the return shuttle will be the same for everyone;
- The last rest area is at the Trois-frères pit;
- The return shuttle will leave at approximately 3:15 p.m. from Pit 56 (km 29) once the entire group has returned. This time is approximate and depends on the pace of the group.
- Return to Cime Aventures around 4:00 p.m.
There is a zero-tolerance policy in place for alcohol and cannabis consumption during all activities.
- Your choice of boat
Canoe, double kayak, or single kayak
Paddle or rowing
- Life jacket
- Your choice of boat
- 45-minute shuttle to the launch
- 45-minute shuttle back to Cime Aventures
- Departure instructions given by a patroller
- Patroller closing the river
Choice of boat
Here is the information you need to choose your boat for your activity on the Bonaventure River. Whether you are taking a family trip or a romantic vacation in Gaspésie, there is the perfect craft for you.
Closed shoes are mandatory for this activity.
Guide for choosing a boat
|Type||Capacity (passengers / weight)||Advantages||Disadvantages||Prerequisites|
|Canoe||2 pass. / 200 kg||One experienced person in the back|
|Double kayak||2 pass. / 300 kg||Be at ease in water|
|Single kayak||1 pass. / 150 kg||Be at ease in water|
|Raft||4 à 6 pass. / 450 kg||None|
|Stand up paddle (SUP)||1 pass. / 95 kg|